Safeguarding Children Training – Level 2 | Online CPD Accredited Course
Safeguarding Children Training – Level 2 | Online CPD Accredited Course
- Reviews (0)
Safeguarding Children Training – Level 2 | Online CPD Accredited Course | Skills for Health UK CSTF Aligned E-Learning Course
Welcome to our online safeguarding children level 2 training course. This safeguarding children elearning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Skills for Care recommendations for healthcare & social care providers, as well as OFSTED recommendations for early years, educational and community environments.
How to access your safeguarding children training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
What is covered in this online safeguarding children training course?
This online safeguarding children training course covers the following:
- An introduction to the key principles of safeguarding children
- Understanding why safeguarding children is important
- The Human Rights of Children – The United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- An understanding of what safeguarding children means
- An awareness of key safeguarding children legislation
- An understanding of the common terms used in safeguarding children
- An understanding of the complex nature of child abuse
- The ‘Toxic Trio’ in relation to safeguarding children
- An awareness of the main types of abuse in children and young people
- An awareness of the dangers of radicalisation of children and young people
- An awareness of the dangers of child trafficking
- An awareness of female genital mutilation (FGM) in girls and young women
- Awareness of the risks (to children and young people) from the internet and social networking sites
- Emerging themes in relation to child protection, safeguarding children and young people
- Knowing what to do if a child or young person discloses abuse
- Knowing what to do if you suspect child abuse
- Understanding your responsibilities in protecting children and young adults from abuse
- Where to find useful information and resources regarding the safeguarding of children (online child protection learning resources)
Who is the online safeguarding children elearning course for?
This online safeguarding children e-learning course should be completed by those who work with children and young people including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online safeguarding children courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These safeguarding training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
What are the aims of this online safeguarding children course?
The aims of this safeguarding children training course are to:
- To provide an clear understanding on the legislation regarding the safeguarding of vulnerable children and young adults across the UK
- To inform learners about their responsibilities in safeguarding vulnerable children and protecting them from harm, neglect and abuse
- To prevent harm and to reduce the risk of abuse or neglect to children
- To provide essential child protection training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What are the objectives of this safeguarding children online courses?
The objectives of this online safeguarding children training course are to:
- Provide essential safeguarding children training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
- Additional e-learning materials that can be used as quick references during the courses and in the workplace
- End of course knowledge assessments that will generate a FREE CPD certificate
- FREE blended learning environment for individuals and organisations
Assessment and certification
At the end of this safeguarding children e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online safeguarding children training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your safeguarding children e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your safeguarding children online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding refers to the actions that are taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
Safeguarding children involves the following:
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Is safeguarding children the same as child protection?
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child.
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children in the UK up to the age of 18.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online safeguarding children training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice