Dual Diagnosis Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course
Dual Diagnosis Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course
- Reviews (0)
Dual Diagnosis Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course – Awareness of Substance Abuse and Mental Illness – UK Accredited E-Learning
Welcome to our online dual diagnosis training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online dual diagnosis training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your dual diagnosis training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your dual diagnosis training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this dual diagnosis training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding dual diagnosis
- To provide essential dual diagnosis training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
- Be able to know and explain the main models for conflict resolution
What is covered in this online dual diagnosis training course?
This dual diagnosis e-learning course covers the following:
- Understanding the chemistry of drugs
- Identifying warning signs and triggers
- Understanding diagnosis, treatment and medication
- The danger of mixing drugs
- Fighting addiction
- Exploring schizophrenia and paranoia
- The different types of cannabis
- The side effects of stimulant drugs
- Hangovers, withdrawals and comedowns
- Raising overdose awareness
- Identifying ecstasy psychosis
- Managing drug use
- The risk of injecting
- How to deal with an emergency
- Homelessness, arrest and compulsory detention
Who is the online dual diagnosis training course for?
This dual diagnosis e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online dual diagnosis training courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These dual diagnosis training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this dual diagnosis e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our dual diagnosis training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this dual diagnosis e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online dual diagnosis training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your dual diagnosis training e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your dual diagnosis online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is dual diagnosis?
Dual diagnosis (also called co-occurring disorders, COD, or dual pathology) is the condition of suffering from a mental illness and a comorbid substance abuse problem. There is considerable debate surrounding the appropriateness of using a single category for a heterogeneous group of individuals with complex needs and a varied range of problems. The concept can be used broadly, for example depression and alcoholism, or it can be restricted to specify severe mental illness (e.g. psychosis, schizophrenia) and substance misuse disorder (e.g. cannabis abuse), or a person who has a milder mental illness and a drug dependency, such as panic disorder or generalized anxiety disorder and is dependent on opioids. Diagnosing a primary psychiatric illness in substance abusers is challenging as drug abuse itself often induces psychiatric symptoms, thus making it necessary to differentiate between substance induced and pre-existing mental illness.
Those with co-occurring disorders face complex challenges. They have increased rates of relapse, hospitalization, homelessness, and HIV and hepatitis C infection compared to those with either mental or substance use disorders alone. The cause of co-occurring disorders is unknown, although there are several theories.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online dual diagnosis training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Dual Diagnosis Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course – Awareness of Substance Abuse and Mental Illness – UK Accredited E-Learning Course