Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Training – Level 2 Online CPD Accredited Course
- Reviews (0)
Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Training – Level 2 Online CPD Accredited Course – Legionella Awareness & Legionnaire’s Prevention Training
Welcome to our online legionella & legionnaires awareness training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online legionella & legionnaires awareness training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your legionella & legionnaires awareness training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your legionella & legionnaires awareness training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
This legionella & legionnaires awareness training course aims to help duty holders to understand more about their legal responsibilities, and the health risks created by legionella bacteria, so that a risk assessment can be done and suitable control measures can be implemented.
By the end of this legionella & legionnaires awareness training course, learners will:
- Understand where legionella bacteria come from, how people develop legionnaires’ disease and how it affects their health.
- Understand their legal responsibilities in regards to preventing and monitoring legionella.
- Have knowledge of the environments where legionella bacteria are commonly found.
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment to identify and control the hazards.
- Have an awareness of the control measures that can be used to reduce the risks from legionella.
- Understand the importance of continually monitoring, reviewing and updating the legionella control measures.
What is covered in this online legionella & legionnaires awareness training course?
This online legionella & legionnaires awareness training course covers the following:
- What is Legionella? (Understand the dangers of legionella and where it can be found)
- what legionella is and where it comes from;
- how people get legionnaires’ disease;
- who is most at risk;
- symptoms and treatment of legionnaires’ disease.
- Legal Responsibilities (Understand your legal responsibilities and duties associated with legionella management in your workplace)
- health and safety legislation;
- COSHH regulations;
- Notification regulations;
- RIDDOR, landlord responsibilities;
- employee responsibilities;
- designers, manufacturers & importers;
- suppliers and installers and the HSE Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Hazardous Environments
- where legionella is found;
- what is meant by a water system;
- assessing the risks;
- cooling systems;
- hot and cold water systems & spa pools;
- other risk systems and the main risk factors.
- Legionella Risk Assessment (Know what management steps need to be taken to minimise the risk of a legionella outbreak to a safe and acceptable level)
- what a risk assessment is;
- identifying the hazards;
- schematic diagrams;
- deciding who might be harmed and how;
- consulting employees;
- evaluating the risks and implementing controls;
- recording findings and reviewing and updating the assessment.
- Controlling the Risks
- dutyholder responsibilities;
- training requirements;
- instruction and communication;
- employee responsibilities;
- the written scheme;
- key precautions;
- operation of the water system;
- monitoring and inspection;
- testing water quality;
- cleaning and disinfection;
- controlling water systems in residential settings and avoiding stagnation.
- Know where to go for advice and assistance with regard to legionella management within your organisation.
Who is the online legionella & legionnaires awareness training elearning course for?
This course is suitable for anyone in charge of a premises (known as the duty holder) no matter how big or small the premises and regardless of the number of people present. This includes all employers, self-employed people and anyone else in control of a premises, such as landlords and letting agents.
Landlords have an obligation to be aware of the dangers of legionella and ensure a risk assessment is done to keep their tenants from harm. This course provides details on how to carry out a risk assessment and explains what should be included so that you have an awareness of how to identify legionella hazards and react appropriately.
To complete this legionella & legionnaires awareness e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our legionella & legionnaires awareness training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this legionella & legionnaires awareness e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online legionella & legionnaires awareness training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your legionella & legionnaires awareness training e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your legionella & legionnaires awareness training online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is legionella?
Legionellosis is a collective term for diseases caused by legionella bacteria including the most serious Legionnaires’ disease, as well as the similar but less serious conditions of Pontiac fever and Lochgoilhead fever. Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia and everyone is susceptible to infection. The risk increases with age but some people are at higher risk including:
- people over 45 years of age
- smokers and heavy drinkers
- people suffering from chronic respiratory or kidney disease
- diabetes, lung and heart disease
- anyone with an impaired immune system
The bacterium Legionella pneumophila and related bacteria are common in natural water sources such as rivers, lakes and reservoirs, but usually in low numbers. They may also be found in purpose-built water systems such as cooling towers, evaporative condensers, hot and cold water systems and spa pools.
Why is this legionella and legionnaires’ disease awareness training course important?
Legionella bacteria have the potential to cause serious harm to people’s health if they are not carefully controlled. As a result, all premises containing a man-made water system must ensure that the system is safe to use, regularly maintained and free from harmful bacteria.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Training – Level 2 Online CPD Accredited Course – Accredited Legionella Awareness & Legionnaire’s Prevention Training