Learning Disability Awareness – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course
Learning Disability Awareness – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course
- Reviews (0)
Learning Disability Awareness – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care Sectors – Skills for Health Aligned E-Learning
Welcome to our online learning disability awareness training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online learning disability awareness training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your learning disability awareness training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your learning disability awareness course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
It’s estimated that more than 1.2 million people in the UK are living with a learning disability. Our interactive learning disability awareness e-learning course and online resources help you to gain the right skills and knowledge when working with people with a learning disability.
The aims of this online learning disability awareness course is to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding learning disabilities
- Provide the learner with a full understanding of the current disability guidance for health and social care workers
- To provide essential learning disability online resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and organisations
What is covered in this online learning disability awareness course?
This learning disability awareness e-learning course covers the following:
- This online learning disability awareness training course covers the following:
- What is a learning disability
- Difference between learning disability and mental health problem
- What causes a learning disability
- Mild, moderate or severe learning disability?
- Getting a learning disability diagnosis
- Dealing with a learning disability diagnosis
- Learning disability and other conditions
- Down’s syndrome
- Williams syndrome
- Autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Challenging behaviour
- Fragile X syndrome
- Global development delay
- Cerebral palsy
- Sources of support for learning disabilities
- Getting the right support
- Thinking about the future
- Online learning resources and references
Who is the online learning disability awareness course for?
This learning disability awareness online training course is suitable for staff working in a variety of settings and aims to provide a detailed understanding of learning disabilities and their effects, including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online learning disability awareness courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These learning disability awareness training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this learning disability awareness e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our learning disability awareness training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this learning disability awareness e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online learning disability awareness training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your learning disability awareness e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your learning disability awareness online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is a learning disability?
A learning disability is a reduced intellectual ability and difficulty with everyday activities (for example household tasks, socialising or managing money), which affects someone for their whole life.
People with a learning disability tend to take longer to learn and may need support to develop new skills, understand complicated information and interact with other people. The level of support someone needs depends on the individual. For example, someone with a mild learning disability may only need support with things like getting a job. However, someone with a severe or profound learning disability may need fulltime care and support with every aspect of their life – they may also have physical disabilities.
Why is learning disability awareness training important?
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online learning disability awareness course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Learning Disability Awareness – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care Sectors – Skills for Health Aligned E-Learning Course