Handling Violence and Aggression – Level 2 Online CPD Training Course
- Reviews (0)
Handling Violence & Aggression – Level 2 Online CPD Training Course for Health & Social Care Providers – Skills for Health UN CSTF Aligned ELearning
Welcome to our online handling violence and aggression training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online handling violence & aggression training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your handling violence & aggression training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this handling violence & aggression training training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding handling violence and aggression
- Provide the learner with proven techniques to handle aggression and violence in the workplace
- Sign post the learner to organisations that can provide support and help
- To provide essential violence and aggression training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online handling violence & aggression training course?
This handling violence & aggression training e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to the management of aggression and violence in the workplace
- Definition of aggression
- The main forms of aggression
- The purposes of aggression
- The main types of aggression
- Factors that can influence aggression
- Definition of violence
- Who is at risk of workplace violence
- Should violence and aggression concern you
- What the law says about violence and aggression in the workplace
- Effective management of violence and aggression in work settings
- Stages of handling aggression and violence in the workplace
- Why it is important to support the victims if workplace aggression and violence
Who is the online handling violence & aggression training course for?
This handling violence and aggression training e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online handling violence & aggression training courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These handling violence & aggression training training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this handling violence & aggression training e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our handling violence & aggression training training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this handling violence and aggression training e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online handling violence & aggression training training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your handling violence & aggression training e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your handling violence and aggression training online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is violence and aggression training important?
Ideally no-one should face aggression or violence in the workplace, but in reality many people do. For some it will be an occasional hazard they face, while for others it can be a more or less daily occurrence. Regardless of the frequency with which the issues arise, we all have to take the necessary safeguards to minimise
- the likelihood of problems arising;
- the risks involved when they do arise; and
- the potentially very negative impact on us.
There are no guarantees that aggression and violence will not occur, but there are steps we can take to reduce the chances. Having a sense of control can also help to make dealing with the risks a less stressful experience than it might otherwise turn out to be. What is perhaps the most dangerous approach to take is to assume that ‘it will never happen to me’. We owe it to ourselves and to each other as colleagues to do whatever we reasonably can to keep the risks to a minimum and to be as prepared as we reasonably can for all the possible eventualities.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online handling violence & aggression training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice