Food Safety Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Course
Food Safety Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Course
- Reviews (0)
Food Safety Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Training Course – Food Hygiene Training – Food Safety Laws & Regulations – Skills for Health Aligned
Welcome to our online food safety/food hygiene training course for all sectors. Our online food safety training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your food safety training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this food safety training course are to:
- To provide the learner with adequate understanding of the legislation regarding food safety
- To provide an awareness of common food hazards
- Provide the learners with tips on how to store, handle and prepare food safely
- To provide essential food safety & food hygiene training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individual and businesses
What is covered in this online food hygiene course?
This food safety e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to food safety legislation
- Why it is important is important for healthcare workers to be aware of food hygiene
- The common food hazards
- Problems relating to food contamination
- How food contamination can be minimised
- An awareness of common disease-causing bacteria and viruses
- Importance of personal hygiene in relation to food safety
- Other personal hygiene considerations for food handlers
- The importance of effective cleaning to minimise food hazards
- Recommendations for keeping food safe
- The importance of time and temperature in relation to food safety
- Top tips on safe handling and preparation of food
Who is the online food safety course for?
This food safety e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online food safety courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These food safety training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this food safety e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our food safety training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this food hygiene e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online food hygiene training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your food safety e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your food safety online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is food safety?
Food safety is a scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent food-borne illness. This includes a number of routines that should be followed to avoid potential health hazards.
Food safety refers to the conditions and practices that preserve the quality of food to prevent contamination and food-borne illnesses. The Food Standards Agency (UK) educates consumers about the importance of safe foodhandling and how to reduce the risks associated with foodborne illness.
It is important for people to understand how their behavior and activities contribute to the safety of food and how they can decrease the risk of foodborne illness. From processes on the farm to practices in the kitchen, human activities play an important role in food safety.
Food Safety Act 1990 – a guide for UK businesses
The Food Safety Act 1990 (as amended) provides the framework for all food legislation in Britain. The guidance is for all types of food business in England, Wales and Scotland. Similar legislation applies in Northern Ireland.
The main responsibilities for all food businesses under the Act are:
- to ensure you do not include anything in food, remove anything from food or treat food in any way which means it would be damaging to the health of people eating it
- to ensure that the food you serve or sell is of the nature, substance or quality which consumers would expect
- to ensure that the food is labelled, advertised and presented in a way that is not false or misleading
The guidance, takes account of amendments to the Act in the General Food Regulations 2004 and the Food Safety Act 1990 (Amendment) Regulations 2004.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online food safety course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Food Safety Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Training Course – Food Hygiene Training – Food Safety Laws & Regulations – Skills for Health UK CSTF Aligned E-Learning Courses – LearnPac Systems UK