Care Certificate Standard 3 – Duty of Care – Online CPD Accredited Training Course
- Reviews (0)
Care Certificate Standard 3 – Duty of Care Training – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care Workers – Skills for Care Aligned
Welcome to our online care certificate standard 3 duty of care training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online care certificate standard 3 duty of care training course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out in the Care Certificate, the the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your care certificate standard 3 duty of care training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your care certificate standard 3 duty of care training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
You have a duty of care to all those receiving care and support in your workplace. This means promoting well being and making sure that people are kept safe from harm, abuse and injury. Duty of care is a legal requirement; you cannot choose whether to accept it. It applies as soon as someone has care or treatment. Breaking this duty, for example through negligence, could result in legal action. On completion of this care certificate course, the learner will have an improved understanding of the following:
- What is duty of care?
- Duty of care in practice
- Raising concerns
- Supporting independence
- Supporting people to make decisions
- Mental capacity and decision making
- Comments and complaints
- Complaints handling process
- Incidents, errors and near misses
- Legislation – incident reporting
- Managing conflict in the workplace
- Handling challenging behaviour in the workplace
What is covered in this online care certificate standard 3 training course?
This online care certificate standard 3 duty of care training course covers the following:
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practice
- Define „duty of care’
- Describe how the duty of care affects their own work role
- Understand the support available for addressing dilemmas that may arise about duty of care
- Describe dilemmas that may arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights
- Explain what they must and must not do within their role in managing conflicts and dilemmas
- Explain where to get additional support and advice about how to resolve such dilemmas
- Deal with Comments and complaints
- Demonstrate how to respond to comments and complaints in line with legislation and agreed ways of working
- Describe who to ask for advice and support in handling comments and complaints
- Explain the importance of learning from comments and complaints to improve the quality of service
- Deal with Incidents, errors and near misses
- Describe how to recognise adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses
- Explain what they must and must not do in relation to adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses
- List the legislation and agreed ways of working in relation to reporting any adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses
- Deal with confrontation and difficult situations
- List the factors and difficult situations that may cause confrontation
- Describe how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood or impact of confrontation
- Describe how to assess and reduce risks in confrontational situations
- Demonstrate how and when to access support and advice about resolving conflicts
- Explain the agreed ways of working for reporting any confrontations
Who is the online care certificate standard 3 training course for?
This care certificate standard 3 e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This care certificate standard 3 e-learning course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
- NHS nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants (HCAs)
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Community services
Our online care certificate standard 3 duty of care training courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These care certificate standard 3 duty of care training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this care certificate standard 3 duty of care e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our care certificate standard 3 duty of care training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this care certificate standard 3 duty of care e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online care certificate standard 3 duty of care training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your care certificate standard 3 e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your care certificate standard 3 duty of care online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is the care certificate standard 3 – duty of care?
The “duty of care” refers to the obligations placed on people to act towards others in a certain way, in accordance with certain standards. The term is sometimes used to cover both legal and professionalduties that health care practitioners may have towards others, but there are distinctions between the two.
Why is this care certificate standard 3 course important?
Your duty of care is also to other workers, for example, in a hospital, to doctors, nurses and healthcare support workers but also to caterers, cleaners and maintenance workers. If you are a home care worker you will probably work alone in a variety of homes, but there may well be other people in the premises, as well as whoever you are there to support. Your duty of care is to each individual and to the other workers you come into contact with in the community. The duty of care is part of the code of conduct for healthcare support workers and adult social care workers in England and will most likely also be in your job description. It is important that you have the knowledge and skills to act on your duty of care in your role but that you don’t work beyond it.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online care certificate standard 3 duty of care training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Care Certificate Standard 3 – Duty of Care Training – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care Workers – Skills for Care Aligned Course