Care Certificate Standard 14 – Handling Information – Online CPD Certified
Care Certificate Standard 14 – Handling Information – Online CPD Certified
Welcome to our Care Certificate Standard 14 (Handling Information) online training course for front-line healthcare and social care support workers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
- Assessment & Certification
- Why Choose Us?
Care Certificate Standard 14 - Handling Information - Online Training Course - Level 1 - CPDUK Accredited.
Welcome to our online Care Certificate Standard 14 (Handling Information) training course for front-line healthcare and social care support workers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
The online Care Certificate Standard 14 (Handling Information) training course module covers issues relating to the handling of personal and sensitive information in health and social care sectors. The information about an individual’s care and support may be personal and sensitive.
This information must be treated as confidential and only shared with people who need to know. Health and social care workers must also be familiar with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Entry requirements - no prerequisites required
Assessment type - Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification - Downloadable CPD certified certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification - Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation - CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Care Certificate Standard 14 (Handling Information) training course should be completed by health and social care workers who routinely access personal and sensitive information, including:
- Agency and locum health and social care workers,
- Doctors and medical locums,
- Dental practice staff,
- Registered nurses,
- Allied Healthcare Professionals (AHPs),
- Healthcare Assistants (HCAs),
- Social Care Support Workers, and
- Voluntary Staff working in the NHS, private and voluntary sectors
- Health and social care administrative staff.
What is covered in this course?
This online Care Certificate Standard 14 (Handling Information) training course covers the following:
- Unit 1 - Introduction,
- Unit 2 - NDG recommendations,
- Unit 3 - Personal information,
- Unit 4 - Data security and confidentiality,
- Unit 5 - Informing patients and service users,
- Unit 6 - GDPR
Care Certificate Standard 14 - Online Training Course - Level 1 - CPDUK Accredited.
Course aims and objectives
The aims of this Care Certificate Standard 14 (Handling Information) online training course are to:
- Appreciate the importance of secure handling of data in health and care.
- Outline the data breaches which can be encountered in healthcare settings.
- Know how to deal with sensitive personal data.
- Understand an individual's rights and how to safeguard them.
On completion of this Care Certificate Standard 14 (Handling Information) online training course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify personal data which is a security concern in health and social care settings.
- Explain one’s responsibilities under the National Data Guardian Standards.
- Outline potential threats to the security of information and how to avoid or minimise them in practice.
- Identify the different legislation and principles which guide handling of sensitive personal data.
- Suggest the different ways of safeguarding confidential data in the health and care sector.
Why is this Care Certificate Standard 14 training course important?
The Data Protection Act 1984 introduced rules on the storage and use of information. The Act was revised in 2003 to include paper-based filing systems data.
- Must be processed in a fair and lawful way,
- Can only be processed for a limited purpose, e.g. in a way previously specified that you have consented to,
- Have to be relevant, adequate to their intended use and kept to a minimum,
- Have to be accurate and up-to-date,
- Should not be kept for longer than necessary,
- Should be processed by your rights,
- Should be stored securely, and
- Should not be transferred to other countries where there is no adequate protection in place.
All health and social care workers need to know their responsibilities relating to handling information in line with the Data Protection Act 1984.
Care Certificate Standard 14 - Handling Information - Online Training Course - CPDUK Accredited E-Learning Courses.
Health & Social Care eLearning Courses - Online Training Courses - Leading UK Providers - CPDUK Accredited
Our online courses and programmes range from introductory modules at Level 1 (awareness/beginner) to advanced and expert modules up to Level 6.
Our e-learning modules count towards CPD hours for professionals in various sectors as well as meeting mandatory and statutory requirements (where relevant).
The Mandatory Training Group is an accredited and trusted leading provider of statutory and mandatory training for health and social care providers across all UK regions.
Established by qualified health and social care professionals, we have extensive experience in various NHS, private and education sectors. Click here to see our full range of accredited courses, programmes and qualifications.
Staff working in health and social care environments must ensure that they complete appropriate statutory and mandatory training to provide safe and effective services.
Our health and social care training courses, programmes and qualifications were designed to provide effective learning and development opportunities for staff at all levels. Our packages include induction training, statutory and mandatory courses and continuing professional development (CPD).
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice and standards including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF).
We provide over 500 online CPD accredited training courses, programmes and qualifications. These course materials were developed to meet the needs of individuals and organisations from both the NHS and private sectors.
Some of the key benefits include health and social care workers to meet both their responsibilities and job roles, which are ideal for induction, awareness, knowledge and refresher training.
- Online, self-paced training
- 24-hour learner support
- High-quality interactive courses
- Intuitive learning management system
- Complete modules within 1-2 hours
- Meet organisational mandatory training needs
- Meet training requirements for statutory training
- Instant digital CPD certificates on completion
- Meet current UK legislation and guidelines
- Over 500 CPD courses covering multiple business sectors
- Free blended learning environment (BLE) for all organisations.
You will need access to a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone device to complete these online courses. You can start, pause/stop and return to where you left off.
Our courses utilise responsive design features, making them available on any device of your choice.
All the courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK). The Mandatory Training Group is an accredited corporate provider of E-Learning courses, programmes and qualifications across all sectors. Click here to see our CPDUK accreditation.
The CPD certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. Thus, we offer a 14-day money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our Support Team with your receipt stating why you would like to be refunded. Any courses that have been completed and those with certificates will not be valid for a refund.
Submit your review
would revert back to the course to gain more insight
I really like these training courses