Care Certificate Standard 1 – Understanding Your Role – Online Training Course
- Reviews (0)
Care Certificate Standard 1 – Understanding Your Role – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care Workers – Skills for Care Aligned
Welcome to our online care certificate standard 1 understanding your role training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online care certificate standard 1 understanding your role training course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out in the Care Certificate, the the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your care certificate standard 1 training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your care certificate standard 1 training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
Your role will have a job description. This tells you what your main duties and responsibilities are and who you report to. Ask your employer for a copy if you do not have it. You should know what is expected of you but also what is not included in your role. On completion of this care certificate standard 1 e-learning course, you will have an improved understanding of the following:
- Your role – tasks and behaviours
- Standards, codes of conduct and practice
- Experiences, attitudes and beliefs
- Your background and experiences
- Values, aims and objectives
- Health and safety – your rights at work
- Health and safety – your responsibilities at work
- Confidentiality – Data Protection
- Equality Act 2010 – protected characteristics
- Working conditions
- Working in partnership
- Effective partnership working
- Advice and support
What is covered in this online care certificate standard 1 training course?
This online care certificate standard 1 understanding your role training course covers the following:
- Understand their own role
- Describe their main duties and responsibilities
- List the standards and codes of conduct and practice that relate to their role
- Demonstrate that they are working in accordance with the agreed ways of working with their employer
- Explain how their previous experiences, attitudes and beliefs may affect the way they work
- Work in ways that have been agreed with their employer
- Describe their employment rights and responsibilities
- List the aims, objectives and values of the service in which they work
- Explain why it is important to work in ways that are agreed with their employer
- Demonstrate how to access full and up-to-date details of agreed ways of working that are relevant to their role
- Explain how and when to escalate any concerns they might have (whistleblowing)
- Explain why it is important to be honest and identify where errors may have occurred and to tell the appropriate person
- Understand working relationships in health and social care
- Describe their responsibilities to the individuals they support
- Explain how a working relationship is different from a personal relationship
- Describe different working relationships in health and social care settings
- Work in partnership with others
- Explain why it is important to work in teams and in partnership with others.
- Explain why it is important to work in partnership with key people, advocates and others who are significant to an individual
- Demonstrate behaviours, attitudes and ways of working that can help improve partnership working.
- Demonstrate how and when to access support and advice about:
- partnership working
- resolving conflicts
Who is the online care certificate standard 1 training course for?
This care certificate standard 1 e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This care certificate standard 1 e-learning course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
- NHS nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants (HCAs)
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Community services
Our online care certificate standard 1 training courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These care certificate standard 1 understanding your role training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this care certificate standard 1 understanding your role e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our care certificate standard 1 understanding your role training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this care certificate standard 1 understanding your role e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online care certificate standard 1 understanding your role training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your care certificate standard 1 e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your care certificate standard 1 understanding your role online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is the care certificate standard 1 – understanding your role?
Care certificate standard 1 relates to “understanding you role”. It will be almost impossible for a job description to list every task you will do but it should largely reflect your role. For health and social care support workers, the kinds of duties that might be in your job description are:
- Providing care and support, working in a person centred way, communicating well, building relationships and promoting equality and diversity
- Working as part of a team, being a supportive team member and developing your skills to improve your work
- Contributing to activities in a safe way, keeping and filing clear records, keeping to regulations, following the agreed way of working
- Respecting confidentiality by not discussing any personal information on individuals or staff with unauthorised people, and storing records securely.
Why is this care certificate standard 1 course important?
There are many regulations that affect your role in health and social care. Regulations are rules that come from legislation or laws. The legislation establishes the general ‘laws of the land’. Regulations provide the specific ways in which those laws are interpreted and applied.
The skills and knowledge you need to carry out your role competently and the ways in which you should work are set out nationally. You can find these in:
- The Care Certificate is shared health and social care training. It is expected that new healthcare support workers and adult social care workers will complete the 15 standards before they work without supervision in any workplace.
- The Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers in England. This has the moral and ethical standards expected of all health and social care workers.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online care certificate standard 1 privacy and dignity training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Care Certificate Standard 1 – Understanding Your Role – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care Workers – Skills for Care Aligned Course