Care Certificate Training Course – Skills for Care Aligned Care Courses
Care Certificate Training Course
The Mandatory Training Group is a leading provider of the ‘Care Certificate’ training course aligned to Skills for Care’s learning outcomes.
What is the Care Certificate?
The Care Certificate was developed following recommendations from the Cavendish Report 2013. The Care Certificate was introduced to:
- Build on and replace the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS)
- Set out specific learning outcomes, competences and standards that will ensure caring and compassionate quality of care.
Who is the Care Certificate training course for?
The Care Certificate training course for all health and social care workers, healthcare assistants and social care support workers. It is particularly important for staff:
- Who are new to the workplace or new to care (to be completed within the first 12 weeks)
- Or existing health and social care support staff requiring refresher training
Why is Care Certificate training required?
Following the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Trust and other scandals, the Care Certificate delivers public confidence in the provision of healthcare and social care services and sets out a benchmark to which standards can be assessed.
Care Certificate training course content
The Care Certificate has 15 standards as follows:
- Understand Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a Person Centred Way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Infection Prevention and Control
How the Care Certificate works in practice
There’s two parts to the Care Certificate, i.e. training and demonstration of competence at work.
The Mandatory Training Group is here to help you with the training part, including training supervisors and managers to successfully implement the Care Certificate and assess their staff appropriately. We provide professionally delivered Care Certificate training courses at your workplace or chosen venue in the UK.
Classroom based Care Certificate training course
The mandatory Training Group’s ‘Care Certificate Training Classroom Course’ covers key legislation and recommended practice and provides knowledge and skills to health and social care support workers, social care workers and healthcare assistants to achieve the Care Certificate requirements. We provide health and social care organisations with training and support so that staff can put into practice what they have learnt from the training.
Completing Care Certificate workbooks
Following the classroom training course, employers will be able to start completing staff’s workbooks, covering all 15 Care Certificate standards, recording knowledge gained and completing the assessments.
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group?
The Mandatory Training Group has extensive experience working with health and social care providers across the UK and internationally. Benefits of choosing us as your mandatory training provider include:
- The Mandatory Training Group’s Care Certificate trainers are fully qualified and experienced
- Our Care Certificate Training Course is mapped to the Skills for Care’s Care Certificate standards
- The classroom Care Certificate course includes demonstrations, role playing and simulations
- All theoretical aspects of the 15 Care Certificate standards delivered in one day.
Book one day mandatory training for your venue
Are you looking to book the ‘Care Certificate’ training course at your place of work or venue of your choice? Our experienced professional trainers will expertly deliver high impact training for up to 20 delegates, for as little as £35 per person!
Online Care Certificate Training Courses
The Mandatory Training Group also provides all 15 Care Certificate standards online via our interactive e-learning portal. Click on the link below to access these online care courses:
The ‘Care Certificate’ Training Course (Skills for Care Aligned).
Care Certificate Training Course.