Coronavirus: Patients contacted over Aberdeen Royal Infirmary positive testRita Dune
Coronavirus: Patients contacted over Aberdeen Royal Infirmary positive test.
Patients have been contacted after a member of staff at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary tested positive for coronavirus, BBC Scotland News has learned.
NHS Grampian confirmed that an employee had Covid-19 but said the risk to patients and staff was “low”.
It is understood the member of staff in question works in adult cancer care.
The health board said patients and staff had been contacted.
“Rules on patient confidentiality mean we cannot provide further information on who they are or where they work.
“However, we can confirm that, following meetings with our own clinical teams and with input from Health Protection Scotland, we have assessed the risk to both staff and patients as low.”
The health board added: “We have been in touch with both groups to advise them of the situation, to encourage them to follow the current public health guidance, and to take appropriate action should they begin to develop symptoms.”
- EASY STEPS: How to keep safe
- A SIMPLE GUIDE: What are the symptoms?
- GETTING READY: What is the UK’s ‘delay’ phase?
- TRAVEL PLANS: What are your rights?
- IN-DEPTH: Coronavirus pandemic
Creative Commons Disclosure
About Mandatory Compliance
Mandatory Compliance is the leading UK provider of CPDUK accredited healthcare and social care training courses, e-learning programs and Ofqual approved qualifications.
Click on the links below to find out more about our accredited e-learning courses and qualifications:
- Business Administration
- Charities and Volunteers
- Child Care Services
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Clinical Governance
- Clinical Skills Development
- Corporate Governance
- CQC Compliance
- Education and Training
- Equality and Diversity
- FE Colleges And Universities
- Finance Management
- Health and Safety at Work – Online Training Courses
- Health & Social Care
- Health Law and Ethics
- Human Resource Management
- Information Governance (GDPR)
- IT and Technology Management
- Leadership and Management
- Local Authorities
- Long Term Conditions
- Mental Health Awareness
- Primary Care Services
- Public Health
- Research and Development
- Risk Management
- Safeguarding People at Risk
- Sales and Marketing
- Statutory Mandatory Training
- Work Skills and Development
- Workforce Development.
Contact our Support Team on 02476100090 or via Email for more courses relating to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and other regulatory compliance requirements.