Kent GP surgeries shut over standards of care concernsRita Dune
Kent GP surgeries shut over standards of care concerns.
The Elmdene Surgery in Greenhithe has been forced to close
Four GP surgeries in Kent have been shut for “urgent” work following concerns over standards of care.
Elmdene Surgery in Greenhithe was visited by inspectors last week.
The practice, along with Joydens Wood Medical Centre and two branch surgeries, has closed until further notice.
The two surgeries and two branch surgeries have more than 10,000 patients on their books.
Janet Ortega, the CQC’s head of inspection for general practice, said inspectors visited Joydens Wood Medical Centre and Elmdene Surgery “after concerns were raised about the standards of care provided to patients”.
She said the findings would be published in due course.
An NHS Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley CCG spokesperson added: “Joydens Wood Medical Centre and Elmdene Surgery along with its branches Bean Surgery and Bennett Way Surgery, are currently not providing medical services following a temporary suspension by the Care Quality Commission.
“This is to enable the practices to undertake urgent work to ensure they are meeting the required standards of patient care.”
Creative Commons Disclosure
About The Mandatory Training Group
The Mandatory Training Group is the leading UK provider of accredited healthcare and social care statutory and mandatory training courses, programs and qualifications.
Click on the links below to find out more about our clinical governance, statutory duty of candour training and safeguarding training courses, programs, and qualifications:
- Accredited Safeguarding People at Risk Training Courses.
- CQC Compliant Public Health Training Courses.
- Online Leadership and Management Training Courses.
- CSTF Aligned Clinical Skills Development Training Courses.
- Mandatory Training for Health and Safety at Work Courses.
- Accredited CQC Compliance Training Courses.
- Statutory & Mandatory Training Courses for Health & Social Care Workers.
- Mandatory & Statutory Training Courses for Health Care & Social Care Providers.