Basic Life Support Coursesmandatorycomplianceweb
Basic Life Support Courses – Basic Life Support (BLS) Training Courses
The Mandatory Training Group is a leading provider of basic life support (BLS) training courses including:
- Adult basic life support training course
- Paediatric basic life support training course
- Neo-natal basic life support training course
- New born basic life support training course
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation training course
- Immediate life support training course
- Automated external defibrillation (AED) training course
- First aid at work (FAW) training course
- Emergency first aid at work (EFAW) training course
Basic Life Support Training Courses
Basic Life Support Courses Online – BLS Training Courses Online.
In-house/Onsite Basic Life Support Training Courses & Programs.
Are you looking to book in-house basic life support courses at your workplace/venue?
To book basic life support training courses at your workplace/venue, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific in-house resuscitation training requirements.
Why choose our life support courses?
The Mandatory Training Group’s classroom and online basic life support courses were developed to meet the requirements of all sectors, including healthcare and social care professionals. These basic life support e-learning courses meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) 2015 guidelines for the management of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults and children, including choking (basic life support training algorithms), anaphylaxis and safe use of the automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
Our basic life support training courses also meet the requirements set out in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Who are these basic life support courses for?
Our basic life support courses were developed for various sectors, including entry-level courses for lay members of the public to healthcare professionals working in highly challenging clinical environments.
We provide a wide range of basic life support courses for healthcare and social care professionals working with adults, children and new-borns in clinical and/or non-clinical staff roles (in the NHS hospitals, private healthcare and community settings) including:
- Doctors (including locum doctors)
- NHS nurses & agency nurses
- Allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Healthcare assistants (HCAs)
- Health and social care support workers
- Nursing and residential care home staff
Our online resuscitation training courses can be taken as a standalone CPD courses or as part of our online resuscitation training package or the wider health & social care candidate mandatory training courses.
What is covered in basic life support courses?
Basic life support training courses cover various aspects, including basic life support, airway management (including anaphylaxis and choking) and safe use of automated external defibrillators. Typically, basic life support courses cover the following:
- An introduction to basic life support (BLS)
- Why basic life support is important?
- The BLS chain of survival
- The importance of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Check for Danger
- Check for Responsiveness
- Shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compressions
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compressions
- How to deliver effective rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR
- Knowing when to stop CPR
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
- Where to get additional information about adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (online learning BLS resources)
Organisations can tailor their in-house basic life support courses to their specific requirements based on a structured needs assessment.
Free basic life support training courses online
All delegates who attend our classroom basic life support training courses will be provided with free online basic life support training courses. These free online basic life support courses compliment classroom training and can be used for future reference and revision. We provide free blended learning solutions for health and social care employers across all UK regions and internationally.
Assessments for basic life support courses
On completion of our online basic life support courses, learners will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%). If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Certification for basic life support courses
On successful completion of basic life support e-learning courses, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service and independently verified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
***Please note that while we take all the steps to ensure that all our courses and training materials are regularly updated, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with your local policies and procedures, current best practice, legislation, regulations and professional guidance that relate to your role.
Prerequisites for basic life support training
There are no specific pre-requisites for our basic life support courses. We offer basic life support and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training courses ranging from Level 1 to Level 3. You can select the most appropriate courses depending on your specific job role and employer requirements.
Please note that online basic life support courses cover theory aspects. If you work in a patient facing/clinical environment, we highly recommend that you also attend classroom based courses where you will be assessed on the relevant practical aspects.
***Please check with your employer regarding the specific basic life support course you should complete/attend. The Mandatory Training Group will not accept any responsibility if you select the wrong basic life support training course.
What is basic life support?
Basic life support or simply BLS, is a level of medical care which is used for victims of life-threatening illnesses or injuries until they can be given full medical care at a hospital. Basic life support can be provided by trained medical personnel, including paramedics, emergency medical technicians and by qualified bystanders.
The basic life support procedure is mainly used on people experiencing cardiac arrest or respiratory failure. With basic life support, the breathing and heartbeat of the person can be resuscitated. However, it is important to provide professional medical care to the patient as soon as possible.
Why is basic life support important?
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the primary medical aid provided to a person in an emergency medical situation. BLS can prove to be very helpful when it comes to saving the life of an individual. It is important to understand that the objective of basic life support is not to ‘treat’ the person but to buy some valuable time until the emergency medical aid arrives.
Basic life support promotes adequate blood circulation in addition to breathing through a clear airway:
- Circulation: providing an adequate blood supply to tissue, especially critical organs, so as to deliver oxygen to all cells and remove metabolic waste, via the perfusion of blood throughout the body.
- Airway: the protection and maintenance of a clear passageway for gases (principally oxygen and carbon dioxide) to pass between the lungs and the atmosphere.
- Breathing: inflation and deflation of the lungs (respiration) via the airway
While the basic life support procedure can be very useful, it is important to provide it the right way! For this reason, great emphasis is placed on BLS training provided by experienced professional trainers. BLS certification can equip medical as well as non-medical professionals with the required skills and knowledge.
BLS training & certification – meeting employers’ legal obligations
The Mandatory Training Group’s online and face-to-face basic life support training courses help UK employers and employees alike to fulfill their legislative and regulatory obligations. Our basic life support courses provide the essential knowledge, skills and understanding to improve the quality of life for patients and other service users.
Basic life support training requirements
Online basic life support courses
To complete our online basic life support courses, you will need access to a computer device and internet, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone device.
Classroom basic life support courses
- The training venue should be spacious, quiet and undisturbed
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session
- Staff should wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Course lasting 2 or more days should ideally be delivered on consecutive days
- We offer flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Our basic life support training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
Book in-house/Onsite basic life support training courses
The Mandatory Training Group’s experienced trainers can deliver basic life support training courses at your workplace or any suitable venue in most cities and surrounding areas in England, Wales and Scotland including:
Aberdeen, Bangor, Bath, Birmingham, Bradford, Brighton and Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Cardiff, Carlisle, Chester, Chichester, Coventry, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Ely, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hereford, Inverness, Kingston upon Hull, Lancaster, Leeds, Leicester, Lichfield, Lincoln, Liverpool, City of London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newport, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Perth, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Ripon, Salford, Salisbury, Sheffield, Southampton, St Albans, St Davids, Stirling, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Swansea, Truro, Wakefield, Wells, Westminster, Winchester, Wolverhampton, Worcester and York.
Contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, to book basic life support training courses at your workplace or chosen venue (any suitable venue of your choice across all UK cities and regions).
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK.
To minimise these challenges, The Mandatory Training Group works with various health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
Our basic life support training courses were developed in line with the Skills for Health CSTF learning outcomes.
Why train with The Mandatory Training Group?
Established in 2012, The Mandatory Training Group provides statutory and mandatory training, clinical skills, leadership & management training and consultancy across various sectors, including healthcare, social care and related industries.
Our team of experts will support your organisation with training needs assessments, and support your in-house learning and development team to develop policies and procedures relating to statutory/mandatory and clinical skills training. In addition, we can also deliver training that meets your local and corporate policies, clinical governance framework, processes and goals.
Our training instructors have worked extensively in the health and social care sectors at senior levels, including senior clinicians, clinical leadership and management up to Director level. They therefore bring a high degree of knowledge and experience in their fields of expertise as well as relevant post-registration and teaching qualifications.
Leading Accredited UK training providers
The benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your preferred training provider include:
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates (UK CPD Certification Service)
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific basic life support training requirements.
Basic Life Support Courses – Basic Life Support (BLS) Training Courses.
Basic Life Support Courses.